Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye 2010... Hello 2011!! {New Year, New Beginnings}

It has been soo long since I have blogged!! Imagine that!?! 2010 was a really great year for me and my family!! I feel like it was a turning point for me in finding who I am and really want to be other than a fantastic mommy!!! Though I am still finding myself and learning everyday as an aspiring Wedding Photographer, last year was absolutely fabulous and I had the opportunity to capture the forever memories of beautiful couples in 4 weddings which were each amazing in their own uniqueness and I was also blessed to be the one chosen by over 10 families to be their photographer. Each session was very special and I was so happy to be able to capture their forever memories as well. In the Summer of 2010, my family uprooted from Del Rio, TX and moved to Wichita, KS. Where duty calls!!! In the 6 months we have been here, we have really learned to love it!! Taylor is in pre-school and has enjoyed her arts and crafts and swim lessons. She has really become a "Fancy Nancy" and loves to wear lip gloss, nail polish and stylish clothes! We are getting ready to start swim again AND ballet. Landon turned 3 in November and is vibrant and joyous as ever, a true cuddle bug. As he isn't in school yet, but he also enjoyed swim class and will be in gymnastics very soon. Craig has bees in training in the last 6 months and is almost done with qualifications here at McConnell. In the next two months to follow, we will prepare for one of the biggest adjustments our family has had to endure in years. Craig will deploy for two months in March. Although I have dealt with deployments in the past, we have yet to deal with a deployment since Craig and I became parents. My hope is that the time will fly by and our visit home will help as we'll visit family and I will have the chance to do some photography work.

My plan starting this New Year was that I was going to do the 365 Project. Where you take one picture everyday!! That would be so awesome except we are 4 days in and I am already behind!! So instead of a photo a day, my goal is to at least get a few a week!! Some other goals I have set for myself for 2011 are that I will continue to fall in love with the LORD, continue to devote my time and energy to being a wonderful wife and mother, become organized, read more books, continue the gym cycle (oh and drink more water too!) AND see ELLEN!!!!! As for TLC Photography, I want to learn my camera inside and out, work on better marketing skills, book more weddings, book more sessions in the Wichita area and attend a mentoring session either online or in person (preferably in person)!!

I am currently working on updating my website, adjusting my prices, a new biz name and preparing for my first Bridal Expo in July!!! I couldn't be more thrilled about that for sure!!!! So, as my 365 Project failed, I did capture fun moments of the kids enjoying their Christmas bikes from Santa. Here they are. Enjoy!! I can't wait to see what 20Eleven has in store for all of us!!!!! Remember: Live, Love, Laugh and ALWAYS be YOU!!!




Cheers,
TLC
Touching Lives...Capturing Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment