Monday, September 13, 2010

A shoot for BOTH!!!


I am in a hurry, hustling to get everything done so I can get a quick shower, get dressed, get the kids lunch and get Taylor dressed for school. Today is kinda a special day despite being the 3rd day of school. It is her first "picture day". So.... I rush her upstairs to get her dressed up, teeth brushed, and hair fixed. Now a little background.... used to be, Taylor hated to be in front of the camera. When they are little it's hard to get them to cooperate. Now that she is a little older, she cooperates, BUT, I get the eyes half shut, the silly smile, or a full set of teeth. After she was all dressed up (perfume and all), we practiced her 'smile' with mommy's camera. Then we were off to school. I told her to smile and be pretty! When I picked her up, I was so proud because her proofs are AMAZING!!! Not to mention the photog's equip was pretty sweet! (oh yeah, I scoped it ll out.... 5D, 70-200 and ALL) I couldn't be happier. Since Landon isn't in school, and doesn't get to celebrate the school hype excitement (yet) I decided I would dress him up too and he would have his own "picture day"!!! So we did...in the bright, hot, sweltering sun.... there we were.... about 5 feet from traffic, shooting in the middle of the day..... (insane, but fun)this is the outcome!!! Note Landon's (not loving being in front of the camera mode) that I mentioned earlier about little ones NOT liking, LOL. Got MAYBE one shot of him looking at the camera with out a smirk!!! Enjoy!!!

There's the "I'm not going to SMILE or LOOK at the camera, Mom"


And here it is... that silly face!


Are we DONE yet!?!
"Momma's Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboy's!!"
My little "Lane" ... Landon Lane

I'll end with this photo.... it was a last minute shot when Taylor was DONE.... I mean, literally starting to fall off the 'wagon'.... becoming fussy..... and I snapped it anyway, LOL..... I am so glad I did... I think it the just captures her in the most angelic way!!! Live, Laugh, Love and be YOU!! Cheers!!

2 comments: